View Single Post
Old 15th November 2017, 10:11   #5835  |  Link
hello_hello

Hi Zathor.

Is there any chance of an option to disable the disabling of the "Improve AVS opening" setting when MeGUI thinks it's crashed or there's been a preview error or a light shower within 30 miles while previewing a video?
I ask, because when you're fiddling with scripts and experimenting with plugins etc it's inevitable you'll do something to hurt MeGUI's feelings, and I swear I must go back into Options at least 354 times per day to re-enable "Improve AVS opening".

Under what sort of circumstance would disabling that option allow MeGUI to open a script it otherwise couldn't open?

Thank you!

PS. When you open a source, MeGUI always sets the Input DAR in the script creator, but if it's not a standard DAR and you change the Input DAR yourself, you can't change it back to what it was. An InputDAR "scratchpad" maybe? Otherwise you have to reload the source and start again or create a custom Input DAR, which will force you to delete any currently saved custom DAR's when you want to eventually remove it (which is annoying because MeGUI still uses the old ITU PARs rather than the mpeg4 PARs).

PPS I've noticed MeGUI is fairly attached to choosing an ITU or generic Input DAR if the source is of a DVD-type resolution. For instance if you open an MKV at 720x576 with something close to 4:3 written to the container/video stream, MeGUI will ignore it and choose ITU or generic instead. When the aspect ratio differs enough from a standard generic or ITU PAR, MeGUI starts to pay attention, but to my way of thinking it should always do so.

PPPS. Is there any chance one day MeGUI could display the resizing resolution in the script creator? Somewhere near the aspect error area maybe? So if you set 640x480 as the resizing for example, MeGUI would tell you it's 4:3. While 640x480 is fairly obvious, often it's not.

I'm sure I had something else to complain about, but I seem to have forgotten what it was.

Thanks for the continued work. It's appreciated.

PPPPS. I remembered.
Do you think the option to add a pre-recording job to the queue gets much use? I ask, because I use it, but mainly to encode to a lossless output, and then I re-encode that, but usually after manually creating a new script and adding more filtering etc. Theretofore, I always have to delete the other jobs MeGUI adds to the queue, but it's the only way to losslessly encode with huffYUV.
I assume the original purpose of the "pre-rendering" option was to automatically encode to an intermediate file while running slow filtering and MeGUI would then busy itself running a 2 pass encode, which is why I asked how much use it's likely to get these days. I was wondering if it'd be more useful now if it simply ran a lossless encode and let the user do the rest.

I'm done now.

Last edited by hello_hello; 15th November 2017 at 12:05.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote