View Single Post
Old 12th November 2015, 14:19   #34239  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmeltier View Post
Now a direct comparison with NNEDI128 (luma), NNEDI64 (chroma) image doubling and activated "enhance detail" (value = ~0.4) + "crispen edges" (value = 1.1) upscaling refinements in conjunction with possible Catmull-Rom (AR+LL) downscaling and disabled SuperRes would be interesting.

To make it short. Isn't NNEDI128 image doubling without SuperRes still better than sxbr25 image doubling + an big portion of SuperRes sugar and almost equally hungry when it comes to performance?
The thing is that SR is a lot smarter than NNEDI3 both FWIR and to my eyes: http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...8&postcount=90

I also don't like how NNEDI3 makes my HD7850 fans whine due to the high load and I especially don't like the artificial looking "thin lines" color NNEDI3 adds to all edges, I'll give you that sxbr+SR might look a little thick but the new "thin edges" with a low value might help.

TBH I only bother posting screenshots comparisons when madshi demands them as I trust my eyes more than anything else and again to my eyes nothing can replace SR so it's a matter of feeding it a scaler that's not über-sharp to begin with. I've posted a .zip file with everything you need if you feel like tinkering
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote