View Single Post
Old 7th December 2012, 00:21   #16039  |  Link
DarkSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6233638 View Post
To get a basic idea of what kind of scaling DXVA2 is using on your system, right click and save this image
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6233638 View Post
As a side note, there are some interesting things that happen when using the anti-ringing filter and/or linear light scaling with this test, and I wonder if something like this could possibly be used to help fine-tune the algorithms further. (it was also interesting to use a multi-coloured one to see how they were blended together) Then again, it's a completely artificial thing that may have no bearing on real-world content at all, so maybe it's pointless.
Those images also show these "gremlins" that madshi noticed in the Jinc AR algorithms, though they're more pronounced when scaling in Linear Light and using 8 taps. Also, am I the only one who thinks that Linear Light upscaling with Jinc (AR or not) looks worse* on these images?

* I don't really know, but I was expecting at least some kind of darker grey, Linear Light scaling makes it look as if there's hardly and black in the image, at least for the black-and-white checkerboard pattern. I may be wrong, though.

Edit: Looks like I'm getting Bilinear upscaling on AMD Radeon HD 6970M when scaling with DXVA. However, I didn't pay too close attention to things like additional sharpening algorithms.

Last edited by DarkSpace; 7th December 2012 at 00:24.
DarkSpace is offline   Reply With Quote