View Single Post
Old 24th February 2009, 18:57   #8366  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesgrey3 View Post
It works, but the results are not correct.

First, I have demuxed each file separatelly, muxed the raw streams with tsMuxer to .ts files, and then used eac3to to join the two .ts files to .mkv and .dts. It worked flawlessly, even correcting the audio overlapping.
Then I tryed with the two mkv files, but the result was not good. The mkv resulting file was exactly the same size of the file obtained with the .ts method, but I have compared both files and they were different. The dts audio file was only half, he considered the other audio part to be overlapping the first...
Ah, makes sense. For EVO and m2ts files, eac3to automatically adjust timecodes for multiple input files. For MKV it does not. So it's understandable that eac3to sees the audio as overlapping, because both MKV files have audio begin at runtime 0:00:00. I could only solve this properly if I actually implemented support for MKV file joining. But I'm not sure how big the demand is for such a feature? For TS and m2ts it's very common to have splitted files. But for MKV it should be rather rare?