View Single Post
Old 28th November 2008, 12:40   #7175  |  Link
xkodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
May be true. But I'm not fully sure. E.g. do they get source code from DTS or just a static lib to link with?
static lib for sure, DTS Labs will never give them source code. also, i think that when you buy license for the DTS decoding lib, seems you get license only for particular version and not for the future updated versions, because for example let's take Sonic - in all version of their decoder DLL (the latest version of CinemasterAudio.dll 4.3.0.230 is only 1-2 months old) they always link to the same version of the DTS decoding lib and it is very old version.

same applies to Corel and Arcsoft with only the difference that Corel uses more recent version of the DTS-HD decoding lib than Sonic and Arcsoft uses more recent version than Corel, but still Arcsoft version is far from the latest that DTS-HD MAS uses. i look at this few month ago i and don't remember the exact version of the DTS lib that each DLL is using, but it was DTS-HD MAS > Arcsoft > Corel > Sonic. maybe, i will look at this again and post a table here in format "dll -> dts lib version".