View Single Post
Old 12th December 2008, 17:24   #7324  |  Link
Jeff Flowerday

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitlman View Post
Thanks for the great tools. they work just wonderfully! however i have a dilemma. I have used "eac3to and more gui" to easily convert bluray to mkv with flac audio in it. now i have a popcorn hour and it can't play the flac audio. i need to know the fastest/best/easiest method to batch convert some movies back into a m2ts file with the raw video and the audio converted back into LPCM which i can stream to my receiver. i know once i can get the h264 and lpcm files i can run the patch on the pcm to fix the header and use tsmuxer to make the m2ts file. but is there and easier way? or what is the best method to demux and convert the mkv?

thanks
If your flac was created from the lossless soundtrack at this point your only choice is to convert the audio to LPCM before stuffing it in a m2ts container. Unfortunaty your file size will increase dramatically, I've seen 4-7GB per file.

I ended up dumping the popcorn hour and putting a HTPC in it's place. With madshi's madflac directshow filter, my MKV's work flawlessly and the Media Portal interface is sooooooo much richer than the popcorn hour and/or the YAMJ plugin for iHome.