View Single Post
Old 15th August 2005, 00:02   #11  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

@Nic
I‘d love some help.

As far as open source, she is nowhere near ready for that; nor do I think my ego is either.

Version 0.5b is underway let me finish that and do some cleanup, I‘ll send you details on the source when 0.5 is done. I think I can put all that together in about two weeks, currently resting from my vacation.

As far as the issues with NT 4.x and Win2000.

Nnigam’s last post suggests that he can see the text in the buttons that have text.

I think my menu structure is so poorly written that intuitive is the last thing it might be called. My wife clams that communication is not one of my skills. If you select the “Preview” window view from the script editor the script will not automatically load, which at this time is by design. If you load a script from file or save the script you are working on the “Trim Edit” window will load the video and because I use the same instance of the video viewer for both “Trim Edit” and “Preview” the video will already be loaded. Furthermore, if you load a script while in one of the views with a video window, the script will load.

F5 or view script (see how dumb my labels are, sounds like script view) saves the text in the script editor window and then loads the saved file “preview.avs” into the viewer and again it uses the same video viewer and view as “Preview“. Just switching views will not load the script. So I added the shortcut.

As for the rest, the program has no title or menu bar. I am shooting for menus that apply to the task and so they are right under my finger.

If there is more than I have been able to gleam from nnigam’s posts please elaborate.
The program is cookie dough and we can make it what we what it to be.

Version 0.5b should contain the following enhancements.
  • Cleaned up menus, which should make more sense.
  • Editable tool button dialogs and a button click will prompt the user to set the button up if it has not been configured to launch a tool.
  • Prompt the user to save the script before launching the tool from a tool button.
  • Program will test the script output before loading to detect script errors and resize the video window to make error reports from AviSynth easier to read.
  • Crash detection for really bad scripts.
  • Script properties display.

I want to get working on the parts of the program that made me start this thing.

So if you have time to help I would be honored and I have many questions.
If you do not OK. Your software has been a great aid to me. You showing an interest in FilmCutter has made my day.

Thanks Nic
Ebobtron is offline   Reply With Quote