View Single Post
Old 16th March 2006, 12:03   #313  |  Link
berrinam

What do other people think about this: ability to customise scripts used for Source Detection.

Basically, this would mean that instead of having two scripts hard-coded into MeGUI, these two scripts would be accessible via the Source Detector settings. The scripts could be edited by the user and MeGUI would accept them as long as they returned the correct variables within AviSynth.

Pros:
-Customisability -- it could make it easier for the user to change the Comb detection (or something else) to a more accurate method. For instance, my next update will include a change from IsCombed to IsCombedTIVTC, which is much more accurate.

Cons:
-More work for me.
-Many more ways to stuff up.
-Mainstream users probably won't have a clue/won't wont to experiment with these scripts anyway, so for most people it is just a useless feature.

I'm leaning towards not doing it, because it's more work for me and I can't see much in the way of tangible benefits. If someone can give me a good reason to allow it, though, I'll consider going the whole way and giving the user complete control over these scripts.

Last edited by berrinam; 16th March 2006 at 12:32.