View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2015, 17:29   #34367  |  Link
Georgel
Visual Novel Dev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
Don't you have an option in nvidia control panel where you can set the internal and external GPU per application? (I have optimus system as well, although it's older than yours, see my signature for details).
If you have then you don't have to use nvidiainspector for this: there you can assign nvidia GPU to mpc-hc, but at first:
you have to rename the 'mpc-hc.exe' to e.g. 'game32.exe' or 'game64.exe'. Then it should work!
I'm still using nvidiainspector, but only for 1 purpose: underclocking the nvidia gpu.

Since you have more powerful system than me, I vote for waiting for the new Pascal gpus (although we have to wait around 1 more year for that or more).

Thanks a lot!

This was a lifesaver! You do not know how many times it was such a hassle to have to use NVinspector to set mpc-hc to play with GTX860m.

Another question. I get a crash every time I open MPC-hc + madVR and get to fullscreen. It only happens the first time I go fullscreen after restart, or after not using the program for a long time.

I have no overclocking, no mods, and only the basic driver as it came from my laptop's maker. I guess that it would solve itself if I reinstall MPC-HC and madvr, or reinstall windows or reinstall Nvidia driver... But I am really curious why this happens.
Georgel is offline   Reply With Quote