Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 30th September 2013, 08:01   #52  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by qyot27 View Post
... and it's still subject to the huge caveat that C plugins aren't included in the autoloading feature.
Since when? Oh sorry, I've forgot you're not using ultim's build
I wanted to get a release out yesterday in the evening (CET), but I've realized last minute that the new shadow plugin folder feature's API could be improved, so I've delayed. I hope I'll be able to release tonight, but no guarantees, since I'll be getting home later today.

And yes, the above means C plugins are autoloaded with my rewritten plugin management, I worked on that since I was also missing that feature, and find it very useful and even necessary to encourage using it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
Yes, simply linking with "nothrownew.obj" (which ships with VC10) keeps "new" from throwing "bad_alloc".
That works too, but I prefer a standards compliant implementation so I've chosen another way. I went ahead and inspected where "new" is used to find places where we depended upon it returning NULL, and changed those occurrences to the non-throwing (std::nothrow) version. This way we are not only compliant to the c++ standards, but we also don't require to link with special MS-specific object files.

p.s. I still haven't decided on a name so keep 'em coming

Last edited by ultim; 30th September 2013 at 08:06.