View Single Post
Old 8th May 2009, 07:53   #340  |  Link
HeartWare2

Thank you for this excellent program. It works fine, but... (there's always a "but" :-))

I have tried - unsuccessfully - to use this program to deliver something that I can process further with SubRip to do OCR scanning of the subtitles, but so far without any luck. I have tried 720p SUB/IDX, which kinda works, but for some pics SubRip seems to not be able to decode the file properly (shows garbage).

The PAL output seems to be processable, but due to the resizing, it is quite often that SubRip can't recognize the same letter as being such, which leads to an awful lot of manual entering of letters.

1080p SUB/IDX doesn't seem to be supported at all by SubRip.

I have also tried the PNG output, which I then converted to BMP using PMView (again 720p), but these files doesn't seem to be properly read by SubRip either.

Would it be possible to have your program output SUB/IDX files in a format compatible with SubRip (f.ex. without RLE encoding or something like that?).

Or if anyone knows about another utility that can du OCR processing on the SUB/IDX files created by BDSup2Sub (preferably the 1080p versions, as these should be clearer and thus easier to do successful OCR processing on).
HeartWare2 is offline   Reply With Quote