View Single Post
Old 25th September 2008, 03:03   #383  |  Link

Quote:
**EDIT** I had to drop the nvcuvid.dll in the system32 dir to get it to work**
As described in the Quick Start document.

Quote:
#1 - When I 'encode' , 'transcode' (whatever), my h264 content to, say xvid, in vdubmod ... I'm seeing same exact fps than what I normally see (with same CPU usage). so, "how" do I know if I'm using anything correctly or not? Or perhaps better stated ... I don't know what I'm doing.
If you have a powerful machine, the gains in terms of transcoding performance may not be significant. You can read the thread and see who gets boosts and who doesn't. Even without the boost, you have correct decoding (libavcodec is still deficient), and you have the deinterlacer. You will also have VC1 and MKV soon. There is no existing frame accurate server for VC1!

Quote:
#2 - when one turns deinterlace=true after the .dga file in the AVCSource line in my .avs file; will that actually deinterlace the file, or do I still need a plugin to perform that action?
Yes, it will deinterlace even if you haven't saved the project with it turned on in DGAVCIndexNV. I thought of linking them but thought "Why?".

Quote:
#3 - when people are stating that they are getting 60fps at 0% CPU usage ... what are they referring to? Just the rendering of the AVC file itself? In other words, it has nothing to do with 'encoding/transcoding' (I don't know the correct vernacular).
We were talking about playing the file in DGAVCIndexNV with the display disabled in the Video menu. That should be comparable to the serving through Avisynth. If you are encoding then obviously that is added on top.