View Single Post
Old 29th July 2008, 22:05   #77  |  Link
turbojet

I can understand your point about must work in all bluray authoring tools, but like I said I could be completely wrong about scenarist. Would need someone with the program to confirm one way or the other. But all in all maybe it's best to wait for tsmuxer capability before really optimizing a preset for it.

I realize multi pass mode is the way to go for bluray, so let me rephrase it in the least confusing way I can think of. nal-hrd key-int 24 combined raise the average quants on a muti-pass encode by 0.5-8 relative to the quant range in use, such as size of 17 vs 18 is alot larger than size between 35 vs 36. In almost every case I can tell a visual difference.

subme => 6 and trellis 1 are in a few presets, and psyrdo isn't disabled which is why I mentioned it. Not that it technically really matters as it just kicks it back to trellis 0. Me saying trellis 1 being meaningless is more my frustration about it once being a very good option for me (higher PSNR/SSIM at often lower bitrates vs default deadzones and noticably sharper in every one of the CRF tests I've done, a few others share the same experiences) now its not an option at all due to one persons opinion. But that's a whole other matter and not for this thread. Let me rephrase it by saying trellis 1 is now meaningless for me as I see enough of an effeciency improvement of B-RDO to justify the very little slowdown.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote