View Single Post
Old 25th January 2009, 22:52   #8007  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espadon View Post
I have been using eac3 version 3.04, trying to convert a normal DTS track to another DTS track (just needed to resample the track to PAL format), but has been experiencing a problem with it.
Here is the message i got after all the wav files were created....

"Encoding DTS <1536kbps> with Surcode...
Found Surcode DTS Encoder version 1.0.23.0.
Surcode says/asks: "At least one valid source file must be specified to encode.".
Pressing the Surcode "Encode" button didn't seem to work...
Closing Surcode..."
Surcode sometimes has problems with funny file names. Try renaming the DTS file to something very simple, e.g. "test.dts". Maybe that helps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
can you comment on what the difference will be regarding the change to 2KB blocks from 1MB when reading from HDD?
I found that reading physical discs is much faster when reading 2KB blocks instead of 1MB blocks. Don't ask me why, I don't really understand it. However, reading files from harddisk is about twice as fast with 1MB blocks compared to 2KB blocks. So v3.05 checks which drive the source file is read from. If it's a CDROM/DVD/Blu-Ray/HD DVD drive, 2KB blocks are used. Otherwise 1MB blocks are used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
I am thinking to get myself another HD to create raid 0 in order to speed up eac3to processing and especially because I hope it will take away some load from the disk. when its reading from the same drive windows is installed on as well, then I hardly can do something else until its finished (especially the more bitrate the streams have and the more tracks are processed at the same time). would raid 0 be able to change that, or would it only speed up the whole process, but the HDD load thing would remain as now?
I'd suggest not using raid, but just using a second separate HDD for video processing purposes. Not using the HDD where Windows is installed on should help a lot.