View Single Post
Old 7th December 2006, 03:27   #2  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

I'm always up for testing image enhancement. This one doesn't look too bad - I'm pretty sure it's using a form of b-spline interpolation, the same all the way from low up to image. The only difference is that each step has a little more sharpening applied. Compared to the standard bicubic, lanczos, and company it definitely looks good, similar to ffdshow's spline resize but just slightly better. The higher resize modes probably add some normal sharpening, some warp-sharpening, and longer splines, from what I can tell. CPU usage is approximately the same as ffdshow's higher resizers/sharpeners as well. There's no actual edge directionality, which would be an amazing feat in realtime, so my dream remains unfulfilled...

Too bad it only goes to 1/2 speed, if it went to 1/4 or less I'd buy it right now for a client. The audio resampling is pretty bad, but at least it's there. Its audio maxes out at +-2x, it'd be even funnier if it could play a movie in, say, 4x or 10x with sound. =p

The automatic presets are pretty nice. Not nearly as amazing as HDRAGC, but much faster and much easier.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote