View Single Post
Old 17th July 2017, 19:25   #1366  |  Link
Scorpius666

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBhd View Post
My use for this software is pretty simple... when I remux BDs to MKV I only keep the subs for foreign/alien dialogue. And as we all know, many BD authors do different things to achieve this. I use this software to see what each sub track contains and see what is forced.
You could use Subtitle Editor for that, but it has the same problem than the original BDSub2Sup: It misses several subtitles when importing from a SUP file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
Thanks for the link. I'll have a look...

I agree that untouched BD SUP muxed in MKV is the best solution... if your standalone player or TV supports that format.
Personally, as I wrote above, I distribute BDSup2Sub with BD3D2MK3D (a GUI to convert 3D BDs to SBS or T&B MKVs). It is necessary to convert the 2D subtitles to 3D. The resize and combinations of the 2 views with the correct offset can only be done on XML/PNG streams, hence my interest for that format. But XML/PNG is used only to compose the images of the final 3D stream, that is finally re-converted to BD or DVD SUP format.
BDSup2Sub is also used to extract the forced subtitles from the full stream. It's necessary for MKV, because most players are unable to dynamically display only the forced subs of a stream.
Haven't you thought about writing your own SUP parser inside BD3D2MK3D? It's very simple, and I posted a link some posts ago with the format specifications.
Scorpius666 is offline   Reply With Quote