View Single Post
Old 9th May 2018, 02:57   #9  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantei View Post
Hello everyone,
I'm new but I have read this forum for many years. My first language is Spanish, so, could be some mistakes.

My question is actually a request for advises to find the best way to convert a SD video to a 1080i or 720p upscaled.

The source video is a Japanese anime produced in 1977, I have the digital video files in:
DV (DV25) NTSC 720x480
interlaced bottom field first, 29.97 (59.94 fields), color 4:1:1

I know there is several tools, I just want advises and opinions about it, the best way to convert the video without losing color or frames.

Deinterlace is an option, but I really don't know the best deinterlacer for old anime.
Without deinterlace for example, direct to 1080i 59.94 would be other option, I don't know if both fields upscale separately or the change from bottom to top fields first would destroy *the entire galaxy* (dejará la cagada)

Thanks for watching
This is what I came up with using the supplied sample. Used Avs script to create the picture posted below.

Quote:
Plugins()
FFVideoSource("Path to Video", colorspace = "YV12", \
cachefile = "Path to Index.ffindex")
ConvertToYV12()
KNLMeansCL(D = 1, A = 1, h = 2)# Alter the h value until you arrive at the desired picture(denoise).
hqdn3d(ls = 4.0, cs=3.0, lt=6.0, ct=4.5, restart=7) (Secondary denoiser if needed)
QTGMC( Preset = "slower", InputType=3, ProgSADMask=0.0, SourceMatch=3, Sharpness=0.0, TR2=2, EdiThreads=8 )#deinterlace the picture
xaa()#only if some Anti-Alising is needed
SmoothD2(quant=3, num_shift=3, Matrix=3, Qtype=1, ZW=1, ZWce=1, ZWlmDark=0, ZWlmBright=255, ncpu=2) #apply if artifacts appear in the picture.
Spline64ResizeMT(1920, 1408, prefetch = 4)#The AR remains intact but also upscales & sharpens the picture.

Revan654 is offline   Reply With Quote