View Single Post
Old 25th September 2017, 15:40   #45982  |  Link
Fabulist

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
How is your multi monitor setup configured? Are you using Clone or Extend or something else? In my setup I'm using Extend, which means that my computer monitor and my TV are two completely separate "monitors" to the OS. Does the madLevelsTweaker text change at all when you move it from one monitor to the other?
I am using Extend same as you because I need the monitors to have different refresh rates. The tool instantly has its text changed when moved across monitors, but if I go for Full on one monitor it appears as Full or "Force PC levels (0-255)" ticked on both.

Quote:
The FAQ explains what happens in the background, and which effect setting the GPU control panel and madVR to 16-235 or 0-255 has exactly. As such it always applies, to any PC/situation.

I'm not sure why you're getting incorrect black levels with a proper setup. There must be something wrong somewhere, but it's hard for me to analyze from a distance.
But if everything works as intended in the NVIDIA CP and madVR then there has to be something with the TV, but the TV has only 1 setting regarding RGB and everything else are viewing modes which more or less alter sharpness, color, brightness and gamma and not much else.

Quote:
Are you using a dedicated PCIe GPU? Or are we talking Laptop? Can you make screenshots of your Nvidia control panel (all pages related to TV and color setup) and upload them somewhere for us to look at? Please don't post the images in full in this thread, just post links to the images here.
I am using an NVIDIA 1080 Ti and everything works with this graphics card exactly the same as it did with the NVIDIA 760 before it and an NVIDIA Titan even before that. The TV set remained the same.

The links below contain albums with the settings you requested, if you need more or missed something let me know and I will post it ASAP. The ones relating to the TV are in order, so if an option is highlighted in a screenshot the next image is that option's settings, otherwise there is a description on the top left corner.

NVIDIA CP: https://imgur.com/a/VXouP
TV: https://imgur.com/a/DtNcO
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote