View Single Post
Old 24th April 2012, 11:23   #10605  |  Link
egur
QuickSync Decoder author

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakmal View Post
Does this mean that context adaptive scaling isn't made available through the DXVA calls that EVR-CP makes? I look at the scaling performance of EVR just now, and it is pretty neat, and I think the quality is the same as that of the PowerDVD playback screenshot.

Any way to bring up statistics similar to what is obtained in EVR-CP by pressing Ctrl-J ?
The quality should be the same as PowerDVD/WinDVD renderer as they'll use the HW scaler as well. They might opt for different video processing settings or even add their own algorithms into the mix.

For subtitles I use vobsub (2.0 if I remember correctly) so I don't rely on the renderer. Not optimal but it works just fine and I mostly watch TV shows and movies with subs.

I don't watch live TV through my HTPC so deinterlacing is hardly ever used.

EVR-CP produced some performance problems (i7-2600) on some situations and provided lower quality than EVR.
Sync issues exist but they are not that bad and mostly insignificant. It's not optimal but the whole setup is very simple (no dGPU).

People have different setups and watch different content.
For my needs the top priority are scaling quality and proper luma levels which work very well for me. I use very mild NR and sharpening. Mild settings on the total color control as well.
Intel Corp.
egur is offline   Reply With Quote