View Single Post
Old 12th March 2012, 22:49   #9828  |  Link
jmonier

"Double Framerate" in ffdshow WAS off, however I set it on and everything still worked OK even on my i7-950. It benchmarked at 45 fps either way, so apparently "Double Framerate" is not working (or is done at no cost somehow?). It's fairly recent (3964 Jan 3 2012), what version are you using?

I checked decoding on my i7-2600 and it was 53 fps with YADIF off and 60 with YADIF on using 0.49. It went up to 80 using 0.49-yadifmt. It works perfectly with that build - no dropped frames and queues full (or almost) at all times.

I think that we're on the same page now. It looks like your 2600K is about 10% faster than my 2600 (and that made all the difference). Maybe it's overclocked?

For anyone reading this, I should emphasize that, in my experience, many vc1 interlaced files will work fine even with the original 0.49 build, but others won't. I don't know how to tell in advance which is which, however. It is very dependent on cpu speed. The Microsoft wmv decoder (even outside LAV Video) will have trouble with some vc1 interlaced files with all but the fastest cpu's.
jmonier is offline   Reply With Quote