View Single Post
Old 9th February 2009, 04:23   #1983  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

rkalwaitis, just to clear some confusion, h.264 (also known as MPEG4-AVC or MPEG4 part 10) is a standard for video encoding. x264 is an opensource implementation of that standard.
for that reason x264 is perfectly able to produce rawavc files.
about the AVI container issues, there is no possible reason to use h.264 in avi except for editing with old softwares that do not support more advanced containers than AVI. all you get from h.264 in AVI are problems of all kinds (and that's also the reason why h.264 in AVI is not supported by anyone).
about megui, it never was able to mux the audio along with h.264 into an AVI. once it used to provide a GUI tool for avc2avi but, as i said, avc2avi is only able to mux h.264 to AVI without audio.
that said, i still provide a build of avc2avi along with a GUI in the x264 daily builds thread (direct download: http://mirror05.x264.nl/Sharktooth/x...r594+gui1.2.7z) but, as i just said, it cant mux the audio. actually i dont think there is any existing muxer that will mux h.264 and an audio stream to an AVI file except virtualdub(mod) along with a special and not-officially-supported build of x264 (called x264VFW) that is an ugly hacked version of x264 that produce uncompliant streams coz of Video For Windows and AVI limitations.