View Single Post
Old 10th July 2003, 19:15   #5  |  Link
rapjp2001

MPUCoder, here is more specific information of what DVDLab is doing to the final compiled DVD using the muxed VOB from my standalone recorder (Philips 985)...

The DVD recorder puts 1 new Cell ID every minute, so a 60min show will have Cell IDs from 1 to 60 (61?).

When you use this VOB in DVDlab, the number of Cell IDs in the final VOB created by DVDlab is equal to number of chapters plus one
Ex1 : 0 chapters + 1 = Cell ID 1 only (since you chose not to have any chapters)
Ex2: 5 chapters + 1 = Cell ID 1 to 6, etc.

HOWEVER, some of the information in the NAV pack is not updated, so let's say we take a 60 Cell VOB and create a DVD without chapters, the resulting VOB will have only Cell ID 1 (similar to ex1 above) but the information in the NAV packs are:
- First NAV pack: Cell ID 1, Cell Elapsed Time (BCD) 0 sec
(*assuming* a NAV pack every 0.5sec )
- Second NAV pack: Cell ID 1, BCD 0.5 sec
- Third NAV pack: Cell ID 1, BCD 1sec
so the 120 NAV pack: Cell ID 1, BCD 59.5sec

BUT on the 121'st NAV pack: Cell ID 1, BCD 0sec and the LCD display in the player gets reset to 0

HOWEVER, in the original VOB the 121'st NAV pack was Cell ID 2, BCD 0sec, and because is another Cell ID the LCD displays 1min 0sec and so on. and all is peachy in terms of the player display...

The way I see it, if I knew enough about the DVD structure, all a program would have to do is to open a file and fread() blocks of data based on a size and then go to an offset and be able to modify some values to that they are contiguous...

With that amount of detail, I hope you understand the problem and I do not see how that info. is in the IFO file...It is ALL contained on the VOB file...

Please advise...
rapjp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote