View Single Post
Old 9th January 2015, 20:21   #27999  |  Link
iSunrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryX View Post
I'm jus thinking about something. Why do the video profiles have to be configured manually? Thinking about it, it could be auto-configured pretty easily.

Let's say I'm running with SVP and madVR has 16.6ms to render each frame. What I would manually do is open each resolution of video (288p, 360p, 480p, 720p, 1080p) in Widescreen, press CTRL+J and create a profile that brings the rendering time as close to 16.6ms as possible.

madVR could do these tests and build these profiles itself.

or... perhaps even better, it could try various settings until it gets close to its maximum allowed rendering time, and cache these results. If there are dropped frames, it would automatically lower the settings, if rendering time gets lower, it would automatically higher the settings.

Is something like this in the road-map?
Pretty cool idea, however, since there is not only resolution and refresh rate of the source that needs to be taken into account, but also your current refresh rate of your monitor, interlaced/progressive and finally your madVR settings, this can get a mess pretty fast, especially since madVR should work in realtime.

What would probably work is that the user had some kind of offline tool that replicates madVRs functionality and settings 100% and calculates a "automatic_profile.mvr", where the actual madVR renderer then can read that profile and you would have your perfect settings for your current config.

If you change the graphics card, output resolution or other stuff, you would just do that again, so you would have different automatic_profiles.

"Advanced mode" would enable you to access all power features manually, like it is right now.

That would certainly make some users happy, others would still prefer to have manual access at all time, so I'm not sure if the time invested in this is worth it. I guess that most people that use madVR are kinda advanced users and know what they are doing, but it would certainly make your first steps easier.
iSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote