View Single Post
Old 15th February 2011, 19:09   #305  |  Link
-Vit-

@@Megui: I'm sure there are many threads here about resizing. I work with NTSC material, SD at 720x480. I don't resize, instead encode as anamorphic 16:9 and let the player do the resizing. This keeps the original detail and doesn't bloat the final encode size, but relies on the player's resizers. I imagine a similar process would would work for you, but you'll have to find out for yourself. If you really want to explicitly resize, then 1024x576 would lose no vertical detail, but the encode will be somewhat larger.

Use SelectEven if you want a 25fps result. It's close to film rate and some people prefer that look. It can make for a smaller and quicker encode than 50fps. However, a 25fps result can look juddery depending on the source. You could use the new motion blur feature to help with that (in which case you don't use SelectEven, you set FPSDivisor=2 in QTGMC, along with the motion blur settings). Motion blur will slow the encode, but might reduce filesize a little.
____

@pokazene_maslo: Chroma/pixel format features are next on my list (as long as I don't go off on a whim as I just did with the motion blur). But currently I'm looking at Avisynth itself, in particular the caching, which is starting to become a serious stability problem with more complex settings. I'm also busy with several other projects. So I don't currently have an ETA, although I am quite active with QTGMC at the moment...

Last edited by -Vit-; 15th February 2011 at 19:19.