View Single Post
Old 19th May 2018, 01:23   #233  |  Link
SuperLumberjack
French Registered User

Hello guys !

I could kill myself, because I already encoded all my videos, but I need to change something I'm sure that you expected this moment... no ?

But I must put this :

"pscrn=2"

instead of this :

"pscrn=3"

But for all the rest, I'm satisfied !

To explain this change, I will just say that something disturbed me with the relief and the perspective. But it's more disturbing in movement I think.

It wasn't completely natural. My error was that I wanted a copy of the image of the Super NT. In fact I was confused ! I didn't know if I wanted a image like it is on a modern or CRT display, or both...

But it became clear when I compare these screenshots :

Tomb Raider PS1

PSX l Guía l Tomb Raider l Parte 1 l !!! Comienza la aventura !!!

Tomb Raider PS1 on a PVM

Ps1: Tomb Raider on PVM-14M4E

Tomb Raider PC

Tomb Raider (1996) Walkthrough 100% All Secrets Collected (PC) NO COMMENTARY

Tomb Raider PS1

Tomb Raider PS1 on a PVM

Tomb Raider PC vs. PS1

Tomb Raider 1 PC vs PS

When we compare the PS1 picture on a modern display and on a PVM, we can noticed that the scanlines on the PVM tend to soften the angles and the aliasing.

On the PC picture, it's already good, equivalent to the PS1 version on a PVM.

It's the things that I forgot ! So, it was like if I tried to have a PS1 image on a modern display, thinking that I would get a PS1 image on a PVM

Do you follow me ?

There was a little gap with the "pscrn=3". I thought it would recreate the information between scalines, to get a image like the PC version of Tomb Raider for the comparison, but it already recreated this information with "pscrn=2".

I tried, and it's the same effect that have the PS1 version on a PVM or the PC version of Tomb Raider, but for a Super Nes game :

Last edited by SuperLumberjack; 19th May 2018 at 01:32.
SuperLumberjack is offline   Reply With Quote