View Single Post
Old 14th March 2013, 02:44   #17992  |  Link
pie1394

Quote:
Originally Posted by artios View Post
Hello, I am the member that Niyawa talked about.

I understand that my card is powerful. When I use the Intel GPU to play the following file
32.2 GB
Total Bitrate: 31.06 Mbps
Video: MPEG-4 AVC Video / 23275 kbps / 1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1

I am getting maybe 3-4 drops per minute. The Nvidia decided to lock the mpc-hc.exe to Intel GPU. The renaming trick worked to use nvidia GPU but unfortunately I am getting more drops this way. I think its short of incompatibility or settings issue.

Can I try madVR through another program to see if its not mpc-hc related?

also madVR settings show me that "Sharpness" needs to be dealt with (is in green color)
Did you use 23.976 / 24 Hz signal output or still 60 Hz like your NB LCD panel? How about EVR renderer?

The hybrid display design on most notebooks might cause some issues. It really depends how the board circuit is designed. For example the output ports like LVDS / HDMI might be hard-wired to Intel's GPU even the selected one is nVidia / AMD(ATi) ... As a result, it creates extra latency and needs PCI-e bandwidth to transmit the displayed contents between 2 GPUs.

For the comparison, how about NOT using DXVA2 HW H.264 decoding on this content? I guess the CPU of your NB should be powerful enough for such BD stream's decoding.
pie1394 is offline   Reply With Quote