View Single Post
Old 5th December 2012, 12:25   #15985  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
The way this works in CUVID is that it always deinterlaces at full rate, but discards one of those instead of using it for output. The quality is the same, you just lose some of the smoothness.

Not sure if thats a viable alternatve for madVR. Deinterlacing stays the same, but it essentially "drops" half of the frames to reduce the load on madVRs processing.
Yeah, that might be a possibility. It's a bit sad, though, to let DXVA do all the heavy lifting to create those nicely deinterlaced frames, just to throw them away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarank View Post
In MPC-HC, I can rotate an image by pressing Alt + Num 1, when using EVR-CP. When I use madVR, the key combination doesn't work. It seems madVR does not allow image rotation. Could you please implement that functionality too?
It's on my to do list. But not with a very high priority at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toniash View Post
so what is different in "source brigthness" and "desired display gamma value" shortcuts?
The "desired display gamma value" is for setting up your display. You should in theory do that once and then leave the setting alone. The "source brightness" is meant to allow you to improve badly encoded movies. E.g. if one specific movie was encoded too brightly, just increase the "source brightness". madVR will automatically reset the "source brightness" changes you do when you load the next video, so you don't have to remember to reset the controls manually after the movie has finished playing.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote