View Single Post
Old 17th February 2002, 19:19   #6  |  Link
ultrabrutal

I proceeded to examine the info smartripper displays. I noticed a strange chapter 45 which is very small. It's not 16:9 like the rest of the movie and it only has black video and appears to have no sound.
I debuxed the m2v and ac3 with smartripper excluding this chapter 45, and then continued to import the new ac3 file.

Now Maestro did not complain anymore! This could be an attempt from the author of Pearl Harbor to make some sort of copy projection, I don't know. Silly protection, but enough to give some people problems when trying to back the movie up.
You can see this chapter 45 if you play the movie. Nothing there. Maestro reports that my new AC3 is one frame shorter than my movie. So it seems it's just one black frame with some audio (or no audio) with another bitrate than the rest of the movie.

I cannot say if this is the same problem as with "the score" since I do not own this movie to try it out.

Neither CCE or Maestro complained about anything strange about the m2v, so it seems to only be a problem with the audio...

UPDATE: It also contained 2 subtitle pictures. Both blanks and clearly after the end of the movie.

Last edited by ultrabrutal; 17th February 2002 at 19:29.
ultrabrutal is offline   Reply With Quote