View Single Post
Old 27th January 2011, 02:24   #11134  |  Link
torque2k

Not to belittle anyone here... jdobbs, you have the patience of Job.

Thanks for putting up with all of us, and sticking with the development of this program. I actually like following this thread now, because it helps me take a good long look at things when the poop hits the fan!

On that note, one quick question (hehe): I was backing up a multi-episode anime disc last night, and it hung in pass 1 of 1 while reencoding with this error:
"Error in attempt to extract audio/subs" (this was VID_00039)

To which I replied: F. Then I just shut down the machine to deal with it later.

So I turned my system back on today and just started again, doing a continuation of the backup. Phase one started at VID_00040. Does this mean it has skipped VID_00039, then? Should I have just started over from scratch?

As an addendum to the first post in this thread, as we're now up to 500+ pages, could you put a small "troubleshooting" item at the end of that first post? Like, "Run INSPECT.EXE, post results, as well as blahblahblah.log files located here and here"? I know one of these many pages I've read has what you've suggested we need to post. I think it may help us to help you if we knew exactly what you'd like us to post, and it would be obvious to have it there.

Just a thought. I'll wait for your response before digging up all of the log files for the above issue. Note that I haven't played back the finished backup, as it's still under way.
torque2k is offline   Reply With Quote