View Single Post
Old 12th October 2017, 19:43   #14  |  Link
edumj

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
edumj,
I haven't read through the whole thread but have you tried TIVTC in 2 pass mode, even if you're after a constant frame rate output? It's usually pretty good in 2 pass mode.
Hi, it also drops some frames when more than 5 unique frames in a row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Boundary View Post
I think edumj is trying to create variable-framerate output, decimating the natively film content back to 24 hz while leaving the natively NTSC stuff at 30 or 60 hz.
Hi Katie, what I'm trying to do is to restore the suposed original 23.976 fps before it was telecined. I've seen the HD versions of The Simpsons, and they are 23.976 fps, but I've seen also dropped frames in this same episode (I think they were the same dropped frames than if I decimate 1 or 5!).

I can't find an Inverse Telecine filter which decimates at the same time as matching fields, even then it must leave the video as VFR.

I made a script some years ago, to delete frames while detelecining (for some Linkin Park interlaced videos), using SelectEvery. It was something like this:
Code:
deinterlaced= frame==1 ? deinterlaced.SelectEvery(10, 0,1, 2,3, 5,6, 7,8).Weave() :\
		frame==2 ? deinterlaced.SelectEvery(10, 0,1, 3,4, 5,6, 8,9).Weave() :\
		frame==3 ? deinterlaced.SelectEvery(10, 1,2, 3,4, 6,7, 8,9).Weave() :\
		frame==4 ? deinterlaced.SelectEvery(10, 1,2, 4,5, 6,7, 9,10).Weave() :\
		frame==5 ? deinterlaced.SelectEvery(10, 0,1, 2,3, 4,5, 7,8).Weave() :last
And I had to look frame by frame, looking for the 2:3 patterns, (which changes every scene change) and writing down what was the first type of frame (1 to 5) at the begining of the scene change, and making lots of trims!

Now, I've made a script with 6 videos (original video, and the 5 possibilities), to easly detect every scene first frame type, with IsCombedTIVTC and pointrezising to better see the combed lines).

But all this only works with regular 2:3 pattern (very few scenes of the Simpsons are "regular" ).

I didn't try TFM then (Linkin Park videos), but for this strange pulldown patterns I found in The Simpsons, my idea is that the only way to restore the original 23.976 fps without deleting unique frames (appart from the 60 fps "simPsons" fading with the garage, and the inital credits which fades in every field) is to delete duplicated fields when they are after more tan 4 unique frames, trying to keep in sync.

I supose the Simpsons were made at 12 fps (like most cartoons), but camera movements should be at a maximun of 24 fps (I don't think they do the camera pans in video!?) so the original fps must be 24 (also like most cartoons). While the 60i parts comes from edit in video, like fades to black, fading one scene inside another (P->garage or Bart throw the school window and writing in the board).
So the only explanation I see is that telecining was made at a variable framerate, so "accelerating" slow parts (deleting duplicates when needed) should be ok.

But, to know which fields I must delete, I must first know where are the duplicated fields (or frames if I use TFM), and I'm trying to make a script to write in a txt file how many fields corresponds to every unique frame, like the pulldown patterns, but instead of 2:3:2:3 it's something like:
Code:
But it must detect real duplicated fields (even and odd separately) and I still haven't found a perfect filters combination to clean fields coming from combed frames (to be detected as duplicate) and to avoid "line flickering"? which are not detected as duplicate.

I will try what StainlessS says, if I can make it work whith my the FrameEvaluate's in my script, but right now I'm with:
Code:
Grayscale().ColorYUV(cont_y=40, off_u=0, off_v=0).MosquitoNR.Convolution3D (0,255, 255, 16, 64, 10, 0)	.converttoyuy2().SpatialSoften(7,20,0).ConvertToYV12()	.TemporalSoften(3, 24, 0, scenechange=15, mode=2)
Any better filter method??

edumj is offline   Reply With Quote