View Single Post
Old 12th October 2017, 01:41   #13  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Boundary View Post
I think edumj is trying to create variable-framerate output, decimating the natively film content back to 24 hz while leaving the natively NTSC stuff at 30 or 60 hz. AVIsynth can't do that. You're best off bobbing everything to 60 Hz or learning how to make MP4 files from multiple AVIsynth scripts with different framerates.
Avisynth itself is constant frame rate but that doesn't prevent TIVTC from having a variable frame rate mode, and with a timecodes file x264 is capable of variable frame rate encoding and the Avisynth output framerate becomes irrelevant.

TIVTC effectively only understands how to output combinations of film and NTSC in variable frame rate mode, but I'm pretty sure Dedup or ExactDedup can delete duplicate frames in no particular pattern and create a timecodes file for encoding.

edumj,
I haven't read through the whole thread but have you tried TIVTC in 2 pass mode, even if you're after a constant frame rate output? It's usually pretty good in 2 pass mode.

Something like this creates the metrics files:

TFM(Output="D:\TFM.txt")
TDecimate(mode=4, Output="D:\TDecimate.txt")

and this does the encoding, although hybrid mode isn't supported in mode 2 so you can't use it for combinations of film and 29.970. You can specify any frame rate though.

TFM(Input="D:\TFM.txt")
TDecimate(mode=2, Input="D:\TDecimate.txt", TFMIn="D:\TFM.txt", rate=23.976)
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote