View Single Post
Old 4th October 2002, 16:46   #8  |  Link
ux-3

Frank: Thanks a lot too. Very informative to say the least! I see that DPL uses rms Coefs - so we are talking about amplitude space.
Having read most of the linked thred, I wonder what I do from here?

So far I am using DVD2SVCD 1.09 b3. I downloaded the beta, but that was no fun to say the least. I found a post by DVD2SVCD himself on how to hack the current exe to allow a surround2 downmix setting. This is all I want to do, so I have no need for robshot inclusion.

I would also need to grab the latest besweet version (?), which implements your improved matrix and stick it into the folder DVD2SVCD uses. Can I get it (incl. the matrix) from DSPGurus site? I just downloaded something called BS_Downmix.zip. From the text file, it seems to address dsp2. I took a look at the sourcce code, which also looks exactly like the linear algebra stuff we've been talking about.

But now I am still clueless as to the actual procedure. It seems like grande voodoo if I stuff it all in the besweet folder and run the hacked dvd2svcd exe. The hack only replaces the string "stereo" with "surround2". Is this all it takes?

Don't feel obliged to tackle my problems though, eventually there will be an update. With my speed, it will be there before I get it figured out...
ux-3 is offline   Reply With Quote