View Single Post
Old 8th January 2006, 19:21   #1089  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
A few notes regarding the x264 configuration redesign. Generally a good job but I have some issues: weighted b-prediction.. isn't that a b-frame option?

And is the number of reference frame really a quantizer option? I thought it was an ME option.

Last but not least, I can't shake the feeling that the misc options which have been put in the first tab should rather be somwhere less accessible.. they are rather esoteric imho. FourCC only applies to AVI anyway and the default is generally no problem (we should even consider dumping that option). The Number of threads can be auto-set which I tend to think should be done for everyone.. it reliably picks up HT and dual core processors. PSNR calculations is really not something joe average needs, and SAR is an option for experts anyway.

I think moving the misc groupbox away from the first tab would be doing more justice to the "keep only the most important options on tab1".. I see this generally implemented with what has been kept in the first tab.
Yeah, i will do that in the next updates.
Sharktooth is offline   Reply With Quote