View Single Post
Old 17th March 2010, 23:13   #205  |  Link
osgZach

Joshy, cool will look forward to testing when it's released.

Also, just wanted to say, I know we all have problems with the build but don't let our whining control when you release updates or how often you work on it. I know how easy it is to get burned out on something you start out doing because you want to. I'd rather download an update a week later than a hastily put together crowd pleaser

In other news.. I've gone back to using MT("filter") as I appear to have solved the overlap issue by cranking it up to 12.. Which I was initially afraid to do because I thought it would actually overlap the sections to the point where actual data started dissapearing.. It seems to work though, I will be comparing it against other encodes made without MT("filter")..

It is interesting to note, that I can actually use my PC for web browsing and other tasks when using MT("filter") - as opposed to SetMTMode which makes the entire thing slow down to a bog crawl. Even though performance is roughly the same (although MT("filter") seems a bit faster ).. Any reason why that is? And would it be reasonable to expert SetMTMode in the future to not bog down the PC completely even when using all cores?
osgZach is offline   Reply With Quote