View Single Post
Old 7th April 2003, 10:33   #4  |  Link
BaronVlad
Jetzt nochmal auf Deutsch

Hi

@ivo: I am looking forward to see your detailed suggestions, you are right, this guide has to be the capture guide in the future as it is hosted here

@Wilbert:

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilbert

1) deinterlacing: how?

2) resizing: why (why not just scaling) and how?
You are right...thats strange, I dont know if you know the German guide: http://212.223.15.244/extern_guides/...de/Inhalt.html

Deinterlacing and Resizing is explained. I actually dont know why it is not in the English version. Think we have to look for the missing parts...

Quote:

3) smoothing: why and how?

4) adjusting colors: why and how?
We should add it, as well as the thing with "Save processing settings"

Quote:

5) why does it matter whether you encode to Xvid or SVCD?
I think we have it in the guide:

Quote:
Desired Final Format

What format should you choose? This depends especially on where the video is intended to be played back. If you just want to play it on your computer, I'd suggest you go with DivX. This codec enables you to save the video in very high quality in a relatively small amount of space (CD or hard drive). But if you want to play your videos on your standalone player, DivX will not help you, because the standalone cannot playback mpeg4 (DivX). Your standalone is only able to do mpeg1 (VCD) and mpeg2 (SVCD) playback. Still, some players do not even support SVCD, so you might check this before starting. (A new generation of players is just emerging that play DivX.)
( http://www.doom9.org/capture/preface.html )

Quote:
Last week I also started with a guide, located at www.avisynth.org, which is supposed to explain the considerations of the points above. Have a look here here. As you can see it is not ready yet.
I like your work Wilbert, cause of your Avisynth and Filter Knowledge I am able to use the Deinterlace MAP in Avisynth scripts !!!

If you like, we could "join" our thoughts and add your knowledge about avisynth which is highly recommended for capturing to the doom9 guide ?

Thanks

BaronVlad

Deutsch >> Capture FAQ - Capture Guide
Englisch >> Capture FAQ - Capture Guide