View Single Post
Old 16th April 2012, 22:48   #1986  |  Link
Sjakko

chapter menu and fixed compression factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
@Sjakko

right now it is not possible, as you have already discovered. It is an old feat request that I have delayed in the hope that BatchMux would include in a earlier release. Since more a year has passed without news, I will put it in the AVStoDVD ToDo list.
Hi MrC,

2 years on, may I boldly ask if you want to consider putting this request (a chapters menu) a little higher on the infamous ToDo list? I like AVStoDVD very much but I'm really missing being able to create a DVD chapter menu (song list) for the music concerts I get from DVB and put on DVD. I'm more than happy to donate!

1 more request:
When having multiple titles with varying average bitrates, would it be possible to encode them at a fixed compression factor, so as a percentage of the original bitrate, instead of a fixed bitrate for all titles? Let me explain why. I have 14 PAL DVB recordings that need to go on 1 DVD and need encoding because their total filesize is more than DVD5. Despite the fact they're episodes from the same series and recorded from the same channel, their average bitrates vary quite a bit (1800-3000Kbps). After AVStoDVD does its encoding they all come out at about 1900Kbps. That means the compression factors vary quite a bit too (63-105%). That shows in the output quality. To get a more constant output quality, wouldn't it in this case be better to take a fixed compression factor instead of a fixed bitrate?

Sjakko
Sjakko is offline   Reply With Quote