View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2013, 13:30   #18951  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Then I don't know where the problem comes from. I don't think it's madVR's fault, but then who knows?
Oh lol, OK.....so basically we put my levels problem with PS scripts in the "known issues" drawer and that's it?

FWIW the aforementioned script has always worked fine with VMR9 & EVR in MPC/PotP/KMP(using stolen code from MPC I presume) and even through this Avisynth PS script wrapper in FFDshow.

Sadly the only application from this list that comes with a source code is MPC and even if I were to ask JohnAd(who wrote the gamut mapping PS script, using 3DLUT code from yesgrey) for help, he wouldn't be able to look at what mVR does either

I remember you saying that MPC wasn't applying PS scripts properly on BTB/WTW but quite frankly I've never seen anything wrong with test patterns so would that be possible that you'd apply PS scripts exactly as they are in MPC pretty please? Or at least provide a "MPC broken PS script implementation compatibility fix"?

I realize that you said it was broken by design, but it gets the job done you know.....and all the apps previously mentioned use the exact same approach as MPC, which is the original spec that needs to be abiden with.....broken or not.

I'm entirely willing to believe that it was partially broken in the first place but it now randomly processes a levels conversion, how broken is that really

I was under the impression that the whole plan was to get mVR to apply PS scripts exactly as they are in MPC.......why not creating a new PS script spec if the current one is REALLY broken but still allow the old scripts to work as they've always had in MPC(and other apps abiding by the exact same specs)

I could also look for other scripts that don't work in mVR as they do in MPC but tbh this gamut mapping script is prolly the most important one to many people so it's a major bummer to see it processing a levels conversion randomly.....and it's so darn convenient to be able to create automatic profiles in PotP that roll gamuts on the fly =(

Quote:
Originally Posted by petran79 View Post
there is also tearing if I dont use exclusive mode.
I guess I'll stick to VLC
Oh, tearing now? Never had any with mVR....either way, thanks for the report!

Last edited by leeperry; 2nd June 2013 at 14:05.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote