View Single Post
Old 31st March 2018, 18:34   #49981  |  Link
maxkolonko123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner306 View Post
The correct way to use ReClock is to output in PCM. This is because ReClock can resample the audio (it actually upsamples the audio like Dolby TrueHD 96K Upsampling) and then slows it down or speeds it up to keep time. The change in pitch is so minor as to be imperceptible. So this option should still be considered lossless or close to lossless.

ReClock can't touch a bitstream source because it needs to be unpacked into separate PCM channels first. So it uses another approach when bitstreaming that is not failsafe or lossless, to say the least.

Given the trouble you are having with custom modes, I would try using ReClock with PCM output. As stated previously, you lose Dolby Atmos and DTS:X if you need these. You can bitstream with ReClock, but it is not the recommended way to use this software. It even warns you about this in its configuration panel.

Or, you could just live with these dropped frames. I did for years and rarely, if ever, noticed them. It is one frame we are talking about, not several at a time. It all depends on how much of a perfectionist you are.
You got me here with this perfectionist main thing is i cant stop thinking about those dropped frames.

Like i said above i did get to the point in custom modes that madvr did optimize timings parameters but in tutorial i can see Apply option in my situtation there is Test mode option insted apply and i dont know why is like this ?

Ok i think i got it sorted manage to choose optimized pixel clock with no frames dropped/repeated expected with 95% compatibility. Reclock switched off for now.

Now my question is shall i bitstream trough LAV audio or shall i send PCM or in this situation doesnt matter ?

Update on my case :

Just finished movie with those technical details :

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.1
Format settings : CABAC / 5 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, RefFrames : 5 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 2 h 20 min
Bit rate : 9 597 kb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 808 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.40:1
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive

By the end of the movie i've got 175 dropped frames and 34 repeated frames ! funny thing is neither me or my missus noticed juddering, stuttering etc Madvr was played with custom timings without reclock in use

Last edited by maxkolonko123; 31st March 2018 at 22:42.
maxkolonko123 is offline   Reply With Quote