View Single Post
Old 11th March 2013, 15:09   #12182  |  Link
DarkSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakunda View Post
The dtshd track reported length by MI is none. In foobar2000 it's reported only 1h02m which is even not a half of true length.
I have no idea exactly what foobar2000 is doing, but I have read several times already that guessing the duration of an Elementary Stream with variable bitrate can be tricky (there is no container to tell you the true duration, after all).

Quote:
Now I decoded it to wav using eac3to source.dtshd intermediate.wav -normalize -full and got this 22Gigs big WAV file. If I open it in foobar2000 it seems to play all channels properly but is reported length only 10m29s
Some players have problems with WAV files larger than 2 GB. If your player doesn't play the whole file, try using the .w64 format for conversion instead of .wav (no worries, both formats are lossless). If your player plays the whole file but displays a wrong duration, you don't have to convert to .w64, although of course it shouldn't harm things.

Quote:
Also trying to convert this to aac results in only 10m29s track
Same as above, WAV files greater than 2 GB may be problematic. However, before I mention that you may need to look for a switch to convert the whole file to AAC, make sure the --ignorelength parameter is present. Alternatively, you can also use the .w64 approach mentiond above, if qaac can handle .w64 files.

Last edited by DarkSpace; 11th March 2013 at 21:18.