View Single Post
Old 21st August 2011, 11:28   #7  |  Link
nand chan
( ≖‿≖)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
looks good! if you could allow merging LUT's like one for gamut mapping and one from Argyll off a .cal file, that'd be full of win

and if you could allow importing the primaries/secondaries saturations from Color HCFR, then it'd be

maybe none of this is technically possible though, and I need to document myself on the .ti3 file format

An option to output 8bit 3DLUT's could be useful for the happy few using rgb3dlut() within the Avisynth filter of ffdshow.
While thinking about this, I realized that it would be pretty hard without manual adjustment because ArgyllCMS works with 0-255 values, and madVR works with 16-235 levels. You can't simply generate a .3dlut off the .cal and combine it to the madVR .3dlut due to that reason.

I could possible morph the 3dlut by transforming it from 0-255 to 16-235, but that's significantly beyond the scope of this project and I don't intend to do any complex color management logic myself - just tie together existing tools (like yCMS).

Merging noncompatible 3dluts would be something yCMS would have to do, and you should request for that feature there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alph@ View Post
ok,what values you use in ambient light level,Have you tried the 'black point correction'. I usually made ​​a calibration (d6500-120cd/m-gama 2.35- black level native-calbration quality high-testchart 124)and i check with color hcfr.
I've never used black point correction, mainly because my black point is dark enough and doesn't show any noticeable color distortion.

I usually use 6504K (I enter the X/Y points manually) - 6500K is a bit redder than D65 - and 120 cd/mē, sRGB tone curve, native black level, native black point and massive LUT testchart.

Last edited by nand chan; 21st August 2011 at 11:36.
nand chan is offline   Reply With Quote