View Single Post
Old 16th July 2015, 10:25   #31855  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhR0N1K View Post
i noticed something else im not sure is fixable. but in FSE DX11 its not as Exclusive as FSE DX9 was. for example my kaspersky trial notification still pops up while in FSE DX11 mode or the "Completed" msg pops up after successful burn with ImgBurn the video turns black for about half a second then stays Exclusive. the FSE DX9 version stayed fully Exclusive in both these situations.
I don't think there's much I can do about that. That's probably a different behaviour between DX9 and DX11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j5627429 View Post
Is there a way to adjust the size of the OSD text?
Not at this time. Maybe some time in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j5627429 View Post
I'm currently doing 4:4:4 8-bit RGB 2160p@24hz.

When new video card arrives I want to do 2160p@60hz so I can use SVP instead of my projector's built-in frame interpolation.

However, my display is not fully hdmi 2.0 compliant and only accepts 4:2:0 2160p @60hz.

So my question is: will outputting 4:2:0 negate any of the benefits of madvr processing, or will it be mostly the same?
Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
chroma up scaling will lose a lot of its meaning.
^

Chroma upscaling is one of the less important things. So the loss might not be dramatic. But it's a loss, in any case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincAlastor View Post
yesterday i donate SmoothVideo Project (SVP). Today i wanna donate madshi for madVR and eac3to, because you give me an amazing home cinema experience and i wanna say thank you. But i can't find a donate button. Can you show me, please?
At this point I'm not accepting donations just yet. I plan to, when I reach version 1.0, though. Thanks for your offer, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincAlastor View Post
BTW wich are the best configs for SVP and madVR for 1080p? i just have some artefacts when i use the highest SVP Profile (5g) and the crystal sharp madvr in mpc-hc (against EVR renderer, there are less optical artefacts, but i think i just can't see it, because the renderer isn't that sharp like madVR).
Can't help with that, don't have much experience with SVP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braum View Post
I have presentation glitches and the render and present queue does not fill when I'm in FSE mode with "present a frame for every VSync" activated.

When I start to play a bluray in FSE this message comes up, but the movie still play nicely.

When I switch to windowed mode there is no more problem with "present a frame for every VSync" activated.

If I want to use FSE mode without presentation glitches and queue problems I have to uncheck "present a frame for every VSync".
You can try v0.88.19. But if you get good playback with "present a frame for every VSync", then by all means use it!

This whole problem seems to be related to DXVA scaling. You could also try using a madVR scaler instead of DXVA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ari8 View Post
It behaves the same way whenever an OSD element is drawn (debug OSD, seekbar, filename, playback time, volume change, etc...) and it still exists in v0.88.18.

And yes, the same stuttering happens in all cases but it's much more random on the Intel and happens only a few times in a couple of minutes.
Please try again with v0.88.19. If you still get the issue, try disabling both D3D11 and the "use a separate device for presentation" options. That might "solve" the issue. At this point I think if you still get the issue with v0.88.19, it's most probably some sort of GPU driver issue, unfortunately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlar42 View Post
I am using a GTX660 (driver 353.30), connected to a Pioneer LX-6090 (Kuro 9G). Using madVR and LAV Filters I set up everything to output 10bit. madVR OSD agrees with me. Nvidia control panel allows me to select 12bit color resolution.

Now the thing that's driving me crazy is that once in a while I get, when the TV switches resolution to 24Hz, the info bit in the top corner (this is a TV small info panel on screen) stating 36bit mode. But this happens once in a while and, for the most part, I get the "regular" 1080p info bit, with no 36bit mention. It appears to be totally random. I just started a movie, got the 36 bit thing, recalled the info panel with the proper remote button, again 36 bit. Stopped the movie, restarted it... just 1080p, no 36 bit. NOTHING changed.
Does madVR report 10bit output mode? If so, it must be the GPU drivers which do these weird things. All madVR can do it output 10bit to D3D11. The rest is up to the GPU driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMonarchY View Post
Another thing I wanted to ask Madshi was about dithering on a 12bit display, using 10bit+ madVR setting. Does it actually make sense to use ED or whichever dithering on 12bit display? Disabling dithering on 12bit display gets rid of quite a bit of noise and yet gradations remains very smooth. I noticed another difference too. When I toggle between ED dithering and no dithering, using 12bit NVidia CP setting and 10bit+ D3D11 Exclusive mode setting, the actual image colors change as if a different colorspace is used. That makes no sense to me because AFAIK ED or whichever dithering is supposed to create a perception of more colors by reducing visible gradations (same as using higher color bit depth), but is it supposed to actually show/create DIFFERENT colors? That goes against creating a 3DLUT/calibrating TV for the purpose of seeing the image as it was mastered...
Dithering should not affect colors. If they do, something weird is going on. IMHO dithering should still be beneficial even when using 10bit output mode in madVR. But let your eyes be the judge and choose what looks best to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
I get some major back and forth jumping with v0.88.17 and v0.88.18. No problems prior to this.
Does it still occur with v0.88.19? I fear that this might be a bug in the GPU drivers. Does unchecking the "use a separate device for presentation" option help? FWIW, on my PC, everything works fine with Intel, AMD and NVidia GPUs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogway View Post
Is it normal that playback (initialization) delays 3 or 4 seconds for every video? I tested LAV Video with CUVID, DXVA and CPU, then also with madVR, EVR and VMR-9.
So you tested this and that, but you didn't really tell us whether the delay occurs always, or only in some of these tests (and in which). Because of that I can't really say anything meaningful.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote