View Single Post
Old 13th March 2004, 10:18   #7  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Quote:
Originally posted by cosmin
If the original VOB has multiplexing problems, neither VOBEdit nor IFOEdit work properly. The DVD plays with a little stuttering when the VOB is remuxed with IFOEdit, and with a lot of stutteding when it's remuxed with VOBEdit. It does play fine, however, if I use the remuxer that comes with ReMPEG2.
Hmmm...multiplexing problems? I've only tried the guide with my commercial DVDs and after a few, I've never had any problems.

Quote:
The multiplexing problems of the original VOB were detected by VirtualDubMod. When loading the VOB, it issued lots of errors:
"Anachronistic or discontinuous timestamp found in video stream 0 at byte position nnnnn (may indicate improper join)".
"Anachronistic or discontinuous timestamp found in audio stream 29 at byte position nnnnn (may indicate improper join)"
Didn't use VirtualDubMod afterwards so I wouldn't have known if any error existed. Just previewed my backups and found no discrepancies during playback.

Quote:
Another observation: although the subtitles were preserved, the closed captions (NTSC) were lost.
When I get the opportunity again to work on a DVD that has closed captions, I'll check to see if they were lost.