View Single Post
Old 4th January 2012, 15:59   #117  |  Link
amtm

Quote:
Originally Posted by phate89 View Post
iMHO the priority should be to make the editing more accurate possible... if you do only one edit 32 ms are nothing but if you do multiple editing they can in some case accumulate if you don't stay everytime to adjust the timings of the editing with not fixed delay...
Naturally when and if you will implement a intrack multiple editing you can consider this and automatically fix the following delays (add/remove the previous not fixed delay to the edit point and to the delay)... but even there i think that precision should be the priority... because if you edit in track sometime the silent space where you insert silence is small.. so more accurate it is less risk there are to insert the silence in not silenced points...
That makes a lot of sense too. I'll try to get a version pushed out tonight or tomorrow night that fixes the rounding in both the UI and internal code to work in that manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phate89 View Post
naturally this is what is best for my use of the program.. but i can't see the advantage of always round up...
Yeah, looking back it doesn't make a lot of sense.

I also haven't forgot about your issue, Selur, and thanks for submitting the issue to github. I've been having to reformat a lot of the internal code since it's something of a mess which has been making it a bit more difficult to track through.