View Single Post
Old 7th May 2012, 01:01   #10834  |  Link
JEEB
もこたんインしたお!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence_13 View Post
Never heard of the app/filter, but sure is still alive, by the original dev too. If it was ever broken for a long amount of time, it meant that people either didn't care about it, or didn't know of it. I don't use the Windows Media Center for one, thus the project would be waaay off my chart of interest (nor do I use remote controls with my PCs). In short: Developers don't come around if they don't have their own interest in it (something in it for themselves).

Also, you're trying to say that no-one else is doing anything for LAV. People have found buggy samples and made up small parts of them that would replicate the problem easily, posted bug reports that should be easy to handle and so forth. Also, a patch that was originally written by Lord for the CCCP got into LAV's mainline in one way or another... is this still "no-one is helping/doing anything at all"? For crying it out loud, people also report bugs in ffmpeg/libav so that things would get fixed in LAV, which uses ffmpeg's code (which also merges changes from the libav side).

Edit: If I weren't busy with my own things I would be checking out libavresample/libswresample APIs to see how to implement a mixer in LAV, although nev had already mentioned he was interested implementing it himself. Unfortunately, I am both busy as well as lack the API knowledge to quickly see how it could be implemented. Derp.

People are working on LAV, and nevcairiel is a very active developer that leaves very little amount of people going for a fix regarding things that have been broken for a while. Why? Because the darn bugs get fixed before that, as you report them. Now, if someone had some project and/or need for LAV that nev wouldn't want to implement himself but would be ready to accept, then you would probably see someone working around in his own fork to make patches that could then be merged into mainline (mainline pushing rights really don't mean much in Git world as work can be easily done without them as well). Put this in other words, should the LAV Filters' development stagnate, and bugs would start to arise, we would most probably see some developer(s) doing work in their own forks.

But I feel that I am talking to a wall...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowRunner View Post
Try with ffplay or by outputting ffvhuff or pngs with ffmpeg (or even with a new'ish mplayer(2) if you wish). Also make sure to turn all sorts of post-processing off from the VP6 decoder to make sure you are getting a non-post-processed picture from the decoder. If the results still don't match up, hit up ffmpeg's trac, see if there is anything similar, and if there is none -- post a new bug report for libavcodec. Otherwise add yourself in a comment for the related bug report.

Last edited by JEEB; 7th May 2012 at 01:10.
JEEB is offline   Reply With Quote