View Single Post
Old 26th March 2010, 00:24   #11180  |  Link
rsd78

Quote:
Originally Posted by albain View Post
FYI, I posted new media control builds on sourceforge and my website (6.0.4)
@Albain,

I upgraded to MediaControl 6.04, Ffdshow 3334, Gabest splitter 1764, latest Haali (I'm using Shark's pack basically), and unfortunately I"m having the same issues. This is on Win 7 x32. NOTE: All the issues I'm seeing are only when using ffdshow dxva and not ffdshow software decoding (everything works as expected in this case).

I tested a couple of 720p MKVs and I get crashes still using haali if I ff/rew for any length of time.

With the mpc-splitter, I still have the issues with it detecting the subs. Context menu doesn't pop up (because it didn't detect the individual embedded subs), but even when I manually go into the Sub/Audio stream selection menu of Media Control it simply has the Checkbox for "Show Subtitles". I can turn off/on subs correctly from there, however it fails to enumerate the embedded subs (i.e. it's just blank, it doesn't list any of the embedded subs. I haven't tried with external subs).

Hopefully someone else can confirm what I'm seeing, but if you need logs/info please let me know. Sorry this has been a persistent problem, but I do appreciate the effort you have put into it.

EDIT: Also I noticed a small Media Control bug I think. It kept failing to detect ffdshow dxva running even after applying the Recommended Configuration. I looked into the settings and noticed that in the ffdshow dxva control/inputs settings were not set to use "Remote Control API" and the "User Defined Settings". I think your "Apply Min/Recommended Changes" buttons seemed to only do this for regular ffdshow. Once I made these changes MediaControl detected ffdshow dxva.

EDIT2: Another note/bug with MC. From your front page the Download button goes to an error page (not found). I had to download it manually through Sourceforge. Also on Sourgeforge the current version listed is 6.02, I had to go to show all files to get to 6.04.

Last edited by rsd78; 26th March 2010 at 00:33.
rsd78 is offline   Reply With Quote