View Single Post
Old 19th April 2003, 06:49   #7  |  Link
Ishnohiwa

Quote:
Originally posted by 2COOL

*blushes*...I did check the Doom9 download page, but it seems I'd checked the abbreviated part...thanks for correcting me; found the programs and will install them happily
  • Are you referring to your first disk? if so, you can disable that bonus materials button now using MenuEdit, which wasn't available then. Here's the link> http://menuedit.dimad.net/home.html. If that doesn't work, check out this thread for a mirror download link > http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?threadid=51270

If you are referring to your second disk, it's possible you don't have all your bonus materials files present. I don't know what you mean by "screwed".

Sorry, I was referring to my first disk. On the DVD there is a clip of Moby, "Extreme Ways" a very cool song. However, this one is included in the bonus material and whenever I choose this song, after splitting the whole movie on 2 DVD's it just stops doing anything. The same is valid whenever I choose for some deleted scenes from within the bonus material.
Anyway, I'll check into this again, but for now I got a little upset with myself not being able to do this and stripped the movie with DVDShrink only (level 3 if I can remember correctly) and put only the movie on one single DVD. I'm sure going to follow your guide for "Signs" which is eagerly waiting to be edited on my pc still

[b]
  • Getting VTS sectors is only needed for standalone DVD-Players. Here's a link to Derrow's, IFOedit author, guide and explanation > Correcting start sector addresses. There are also more guides for your future references in this site. Just go to homepage and then to Guides.
  • Be optimistic and motivated and you will. One day, you'll be able to help someone who's in the same boat as you are now. Everybody is a newbie at one point.
I'm sure you are familiar with Afterdawm's guide for splitting a DVD to 2 DVD's. Somewhere along the guide he says that "In older versions of these processes, you would have to correct VTS SECTORS in “Disk 1” and “Disk 2” by opening up the VTS_0x_y.ifo and VIDEO_TS.ifo in each folder with IFOEDIT, but with IFOEDIT 0.94 you do not have to."
I assumed this was also valid for IFOEDIT 0.95, but you're doing the opposite. This just confused me a bit

It's really sweet of you to spend time to answer all these questions. It's really appreciated :-)

Ish
Ishnohiwa is offline   Reply With Quote