* removed SuperRes "error upscaling quality" option
* fixed: screenshots didn't always work when using DXVA scaling
* fixed: luma quadrupling could introduce greenish tint
* fixed: settings dialog required BT.709 3dlut slot to be filled
* fixed: auto 3dlut slot switching didn't always work correctly
* fixed: double clicking madTPG with D3D11 enabled -> black screen
* fixed: custom shader "clock" parameter was not set correctly
* fixed: ConfigureDisplayModeChanger(allowResolutionChanges = false) bug
Please note that I've already removed the FineSharp "linear light" option, although it's still in discussion. The reason for removing it was that at the point when I did the code change, everyone had voted in favor of linear light. Discussion about it only started after I had already remove the option from my code. Users who prefer the "linear light" option to be turned off for FineSharp can of course still use v0.88.11 to create comparison screenshots for discussion etc. I'm still willing to be convinced to disable linear light for FineSharp, with appropriate screenshots etc...

Here are some comparison screenshots showing how the latest upscaling/doubling algorithms (including NEDI and super-xbr) compare. All these are *without* any upscaling refinement:

clown:
bilinear -|- bicubic -|- lanczos4 -|- jinc -|- nedi -|- super-xbr -|- NNEDI3-16 -|- NNEDI3-256

lighthouse:
bilinear -|- bicubic -|- lanczos4 -|- jinc -|- nedi -|- super-xbr -|- NNEDI3-16 -|- NNEDI3-256

lighthouse top:

Please make sure you view these at 100% for proper comparison.

My first impression: super-xbr seems to better than NNEDI3 with 16 taps at producing aliasing free edges. It's also quite sharp and artifact free. However, NNEDI3 looks more "in focus", all the image features are a bit tighter. So I still prefer the overall "look" that NNEDI3 produces. However, super-xbr seems to be the best bang for the buck right now. It's reasonably fast (a bit slower than Jinc and Nedi, but much faster than NNEDI3-16).

Let me know what you think!
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote