View Single Post
Old 5th November 2019, 13:52   #8929  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
Wait. I misunderstood. Reading again, it sounds like different steps of the script processing in MeGUI use different autoload directories, and thus different plugin versions...
Yeah, that seems to be similar to what's happening, but my understanding is it's Avisynth that does the auto-loading, even the portable Avisynth, not MeGUI as such, so it's a bit odd.

The only explanation I can think of, and admittedly I don't have a clue, is the portable Avisynth has dependencies in order to run, or MeGUI has dependencies in order to use it, and under this one particular circumstance those dependencies aren't found, causing the plugins in the installed Avisynth's auto-loading folder to fail to load, or something.....

Every now and then, the same problem happens to MeGUI as a whole, and it suddenly won't load any scripts requiring auto-loading plugins. Each time it's happened though, restarting MeGUI has fixed the problem. The only time it's really annoying is when MeGUI is left to run a long queue of jobs, and at some point the jobs in the queue stop encoding and result in error messages instead. It doesn't happen often though.

I'd have a laptop with Win7 on it I could use to check to see if it's just an XP problem, but I stupidly ran Windows Update after installing the OS a few weeks ago, and it went into an update loop and now refuses to boot. I'll probably start fresh tonight or tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to test MeGUI on Win7 soon.

Last edited by hello_hello; 5th November 2019 at 14:10.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote