View Single Post
Old 5th September 2017, 09:05   #45399  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by a8213711 View Post
With that, my screen should change to 29.97Hz (which is supported, I just tested with another video), but it remains at 23.97Hz.
In case is any useful, I have: Win8.1, AMD A6-4455M, smooth motion off, D3D11 exclusive.
One possible reason for the problems is that madVR isn't sure whether deinterlacing will be needed or not. So madVR ideally wants to activate 59.940Hz, but that mode doesn't seem to be available. However, I guess if the only choices available are 23.976 and 29.970, then I suppose madVR should switch to 29.970. I've tried to reproduce on my PC, but my PC properly switches to 29.970, if only 23 and 29 are available.

Which is the exact list of display modes to switch to in your display's "display modes" tab in the madVR settings? And please create a debug log, zip it, upload it somewhere else (don't attach to this forum) and then link to it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony359 View Post
No OSD at all, just black screen - and the cursor. No different colour frame when "image area" is not maxed out. But I can see that as expected when windowed.

I believe I have found a "workaround": leave the TPG to NON full screen and switch to full screen by double-clicking on the screen, not by pressing ALT-ENTER.

That seems to work ok. Does it make any sense at all?
No, it doesn't make any sense to me because the code to handle double clicking and ALT-ENTER is pretty much identical! I've made a tiny change to the ALT-ENTER handling for the next build now, but I don't have much hope that will change anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorohedoro View Post
1.- yes, I only have pot player and the lav filters and none of those comes with madvr... also, I dont know if this is messing with the config, but I'm using ffdshow raw with denoise options turned on.

2.- not really, I'm not sure, I have two users, I will check playing a video on the other user and see if I get a result

3.- yeah 100% sure

4.- yeah, 1 frame drop every hour (is not that bad, but I want to improve it)
Can you double check in the task manager ("details" tab) with user name the madHcCtrl.exe process is running as, and which user name your media player is running as?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparade View Post
In LAV Video I have tried both with main12 source. Both resulted in nearly the same CPU utilization. But I do not really think decoding is being accomplished via DXVA (as also stated by Nevcairiel, however I selected DXVA in LAV Video settings dialog). Kodi reports "HVC1 (DXVA Native) (HW) only if I change to a main10 source. Every time changing back to a main12 source the reported decoder becomes again HVC1 (FFMpeg) (HW). During play of a main10 source using DXVA Native the CPU average utilization is only 40% compared to that when playing a main12 source.

All zoom control options is deactivated excluding "move subtitles". It is on by default.
Even 40% is much too high to make sense. I'd expect something like 5% or so. Something is weird there. Do you have MPC-HC/BE installed? If so, can you please right click on the video then choose "Filters -> LAV Video Decoder", then check what the "Active Decoder" says? Also what does the madVR OSD (Ctrl+J) say about the incoming video format? E.g. does it say "NV12, 8 bit, 4:2:0" or something similar? I need the exact full text of this one OSD line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
Yea, that's what I get for typing it and being lazy LOL. The queues were all full so those numbers should be duplicated 16/16, etc. It's weird. I've never seen it do that before where the queues are all full but video is frozen. When I change LAV to copy back and/or change D3D11 to use copy back instead of native it works fine. Very strange.
Does the OSD update at all? E.g. the refresh rate measurement should fluctuate to some extend. Or is the OSD completely frozen, too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber201 View Post
But if I disable D3D11 presentation, I will have a poor image quality?
Please see Asmodian's and Ava Pug's replies.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote