View Single Post
Old 1st December 2012, 17:32   #13244  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Sure you can, container AR isn't really a mandatory element, in MKV at least, not sure about MP4, but i bet its not mandatory there either.

Anyway, this is all about what default option is selected. If you think its wrong, make your case with reasonable arguments that can be followed and understood, get some real world data to back it up, and i'll see about changing it.
I won't change it because one of you guys "thinks" it should be different, give me a good reason to break playback of files that started working when i set the default to this.
Hmm maybe I confused it with resolution that is not "display". But I think any software sets something, if it is not specified it makes is equal to resolution. Anyway the point was that if now user produces file with correct container ar, there is no much reason for him to stop doing so. This is offtopic really lets move on.

I'm not really asking to change the defaults, either way it doesn't really affects me. I just believe always the root of the problem should be fixed. As for arguments, I believe I made one. There is no reason the file I posted shouldn't work. It doesn't breaks mkv, any valid splitter will be ok with it. If mkv forbids that, it should always force ar to be removed from the stream.

Last edited by Keiyakusha; 1st December 2012 at 17:35.
Keiyakusha is offline   Reply With Quote